Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bailout Bailout Bailout

Now I'm not usually the one who writes about this stuff because my knowledge is limited but the way things have been going I've been reading a lot more. I mainly leave this to the Crippes King because he reads and understands politics more than I. I woke up this morning and turned on my computer like I do and I check up on my internet life. I read the news from time to time if there is an interesting headline. I check for the major political things going on and I come across another damn bailout. GM motors looks like it's going bankrupt. Yet another company that cannot sustain itself due to the lack of flowing economy. So what's next? Is McDonald's going to take a plunge? Of course not. McDonald's and its rival subsidiaries will be just fine. We'll all go out and buy that greasy food because we all need to eat. Not to mention buying a 5 dollar burger is a hell of a lot easier than buying a 25K+ GM motor vehicle that may or may not stimulate the economy.

If we bailout GM as I hope we don't, who else will jump on the bandwagon? I'm in dire need of money, as are most Americans. Bail me out! My plan for bailing out Marty isn't even going to cost the country much. All I need is about 50K and I'll be fine for a while. Ok maybe 100K. But that's the point, when is it enough?

If we let GM crash into the ground we lose a lot of American jobs. It is not the American workers fault though that their company makes lackluster cars and demands too much for them. I agree with the King on this one, if we're going to bail you out, you better be making some better (meaning efficient) and more affordable cars. You deserve to fail GM. You've invested poorly over the years and those damn CEO's are again getting overpaid. I don't want these good hard working people to lose their jobs but it's about damn time these fat cats learn that they're not the only people who matter. There are a lot bigger things to worry about other than the contents of your damn wallet.

What do I know? I'm just the average broke American. I see your lots filled with cars you can't sell GM. If you want I'll take one off your hands. If I could drive places I would be more inclined to spend money I don't have. Stimulate the economy you know. That's what you big Whigs want anyway isn't it? I'm sick as I'm typing this so if it doesn't make sense it's because I'm all duped up on cold medicine and my head feels like it's going to explode. I'll write something more coherent later.

Coughing and Phlegm,
Martles the Sick

1 comment:

SLC Rebel said...

Maybe you should try working if you need money so bad.

oh snap, I said it

:P